By running TACACS.net on your Domain Controllers, you can simplify your deployment, speed up authentication, and eliminate service-affecting points of failure.
TACACS.net comes in two versions:
- The Advanced version is designed for production networks and has improved performance, greater stability, and comes with maintenance, technical support, security & product updates. Request a quote here.
- The Basic (Free) version can be downloaded below and used with an unlimited amount of servers, clients and users. It will not time out or stop working after a period of time. The free version does not include maintenance, support, security updates or product updates.
Current Basic Version
- Version 1.3.2 released January 2015
The TACACS.net TACACS+ Server includes the following components
1. Windows installation wizard
2. Full featured TACACS+ Server
3. Google Authenticator for Multi-Factor Authentication
4. Google Authenticator Shared Secret Manager
5. TACTest testing utility
6. TACDES password encryption tool
7. TACVerify configuration syntax checker
8. Microsoft .NET framework v2.x
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista/Windows 7 or later
- Windows Server 2008 or later
- Runs on 32 or 64 bit OS versions
- For best results, run on Windows 2008 Server or later configured as a Domain Controller or RODC.
- 1 GHz CPU
- 256 MB RAM
- 500 MB HDD free